Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Good Thing About Rocky Balboa

I've been through a lot today. I was pissed the whole damn time. I woke up late for an interview because I slept at 6am(I have a bad case of insomnia). So cut the story short, mom woke me up half baked not ensuring I ws on my feet. I mean it is all my fault but wouldn't this case need a little exception?

So the Interview went fine and they told me they'd call me up next week. But mind you people, unemployment is just half of my worries now.I just so realized that some friends I thought were true are not. It's really funny how people flock to you for aid, yet it feels like a desert when you need them? I'm lucky though for my desert has an oasis. a couple of friends and a lady who loves me for all that I am, flaws included. Hehehehehe.

I was watching an old school flick that I love since I was a kid. Rocky 3. Hahahahaha. Brings a lot of fun memories. Running around the hood, swinging clenched fists pretending to be boxers, sparring with my playmates who are in other places now, whew! what a rush. hahahah.

Seeing that flick again and internalizing the moral, the struggle he went through, the beatings and shit. Hell, that guy can surely take a lot of serious punches and still stand and go down swinging. His main strength lies not on the strength in his arms, nor the peed and accuracy of his punches. It lies on his unyielding faith in himself and his Perseverance to win. That makes a true Champion.

In the current timeline of my existence, I have taken several hits, gone down several times but never stayed down. I went back up to fight another day. I was built to last. With a sense of humor and the perseverance mom taught me, I have learned to love what I have, work hard to reach my objectives. Just like Rocky so to speak.

In the past years of my life I have been a dick. I don't answer right, I am short tempered, I don't appreciate the little things. I find it amusing how I look back and see that clown thinking it was me, and thinking that I thought what I was doing and what I am is right. I feel so blessed to go through hell, be purged of the negativity that I have incurred and be the man I am now. Yes people may laugh at me for letting go of call center jobs and look for an averaged salary daytime job. What they don't understand is that what I value in life aren't material. I enjoy laughing with "true" friends. I enjoy time with my family. I enjoy simple cooking sessions with Hannah. It may sound absurd but I have fun crying over chick flicks with my girl, share a tub of ice cream, getting back rubs and all that stuff. My estranged crew still drown in alcohol, find love in the wrong places with the wrong persons, substitute love with cheap sex, I mean come on! And they belittle me because I changed? Yes dude, belittle my income, but never belittle who I am. You will never be half the man I am now.

A lot of things that I realized just watching a flick. Ain't that neat? Imagine me, painstakingly absorbing a whole ongoing series. Hahahahaha.

Before I end this virtual note, i would like to share a passage I read in a picture book when I was training with a former call center: " What is true light? It is looking into all of darkness with undimmed eyes". This is all for now. God bless us all!

No comments: